Home control company Savant recently debuted an energy monitoring system, which is integrated into its Apple-based controller system.
Savant’s intelligent control technology enables you, the homeowner to monitor and reduce energy consumption in your home. You can conserve resources and save money without sacrificing the comforts and convenience you have grown to love.
Savant’s Smart Energy systems tailors your system to adjust usage based upon time of day, changing seasons, outside temperature and any other variables to ensure that your home’s energy usage is always at peak efficiency while comfort and convenience are never compromised.
The cool factor behind Savant’s SmartEnergy Monitor is that is shows relative energy use for HVAC, lighting and other systems in a pie-like chart, and users can press on that slice to go to control screens for those systems. “We’re trying to make the path between energy monitoring and control shorter,” says Michael Silva, Savant’s chief technology officer.
Each processor has 24 ports for circuit-based monitoring via current transformers (CTs) that clamp around the mains and circuit wires of an electrical panel. Multiple processors can be ganged together for additional circuits.
Here are some of the ways in which Savant home automation can help you go green:
- Set your intelligent lighting to automatically turn on and off with the rising and setting sun by timing them to an astronomical clock.
- Pre-set blinds to close, shutting out powerful sunlight and keeping the interior of your home cool while conserving energy.
- Reduce the demands on heating and cooling systems with climate control that regulates thermostat levels based on outside temperature.
- Press a “Lights Out” button to disable all intelligent lighting, making certain that no lights have been left on unnecessarily.
- Green home automation integrates with occupancy and motion sensors to dim or turn off lights when a room is unoccupied.
- Display power consumption levels to help you monitor energy use in your smart home system.
- Remotely monitor and manage all of the whole-house audio/video components and other smart home electronics with your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to prevent unnecessary energy consumption.